Spanish corner?

was weder zu YaCy noch zum Thema Suchmaschinen gehört

Spanish corner?

Beitragvon melonius » Mi Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Is it possible to open an Spanish corner in the forum?

I have started to translate the interface in Spanish, and I think this is the best place to communicate with potential partners
melonius

Re: Spanish corner?

Beitragvon Low012 » Fr Nov 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Hello melonius! First of all thank you for translating YaCy!

I just would like to join and extend the discussion. There still is an English forum (http://www.yacy-forum.org/) which is not my forum, but I try to keep it clean from spam which has become a major task recently.

When YaCy as a project evolved and it became clear that people outside of a small circle of developers and early users were interested in the software, the idea was born that for every language there could be an extra forum with it's own domains and people operating the forums who are not from the YaCy dev team. (Keeping it decentralized...)

The English forum was founded a few years ago, but the owner's interests have shifted into other directions. He gave me moderator's permissions, but I don't have any access to the server itself which keeps me from installing updates myself for example. The English forum is more or less dead, but I think there is a need for an international forum. I am not sure if we should try to encourage independent forums or if this forum should have more sections in more languages. :?
Low012

Beitragvon nicolas » Mo Jan 13, 2014 10:37 pm

the idea was born that for every language there could be an extra forum with it's own domains and people operating the forums who are not from the YaCy dev team. (Keeping it decentralized...)

I get your point.
But IMHO this is a pretty bad decision.
I say that because having multiple forums can segregate the community.
Other downside for the 'multiple forums' idea is that you can end up with a half dead forum, and that can scare away new users.
So, at the end of the day, I really don't see the reason to not have an international section here.
nicolas

Beitragvon krzyszp » Mo Jan 13, 2014 11:20 pm

melonius hat geschrieben:Is it possible to open an Spanish corner in the forum?

I have started to translate the interface in Spanish, and I think this is the best place to communicate with potential partners

I have started translation to Polish :)
(Just for information if somebody else doing it)...
krzyszp

Beitragvon nicolas » Mo Jan 13, 2014 11:30 pm

krzyszp hat geschrieben:I have started translation to Polish :)

Put your work in Gitorious[1] and this kind of thing probably will not happen.

[1] - https://gitorious.org/yacy
nicolas

Beitragvon Orbiter » Di Jan 14, 2014 11:16 am

Hi nicolas, I would be really happy to being able to join/create international YaCy communities.
nicolas hat geschrieben:But IMHO this is a pretty bad decision.

Well, it's less an 'academic' decision but just a simple confession that we are not able to do this. Check the necessities:
- the forum owner (I) must be able to understand whats written inside the forum (at least for legal reasons), therefore beeing able to understand the languag
- otherwise the forum owner must assign a language-specific administrator to care for the content, quality, kindness and spam which he can trust
- the forum owner must administrate the forum-specific administration rights and supervise if the forum moderator is doing something at all

At this time, there is not someone who shouts 'I want to be the spanish forums moderator'. Furthermore, if that moderator disappears, the forum must be closed ( :o )
That means: if there is somewhone who wants to commit him/herself that much he/she might be able to run the forum for themself.

nicolas hat geschrieben:I say that because having multiple forums can segregate the community.

Yes! Thats actually really bad but that is is all about: distribution! Take away the work from the core devs so they can care about development, not community communication moderation. Go for it!

nicolas hat geschrieben:Other downside for the 'multiple forums' idea is that you can end up with a half dead forum, and that can scare away new users

Yes! And that will be also the case if the language-specific forum is _inside_ ours here, which will make it even worse.

nicolas hat geschrieben:So, at the end of the day, I really don't see the reason to not have an international section here.

Maybe you are a candidate to run a spanish forum? please!
Orbiter

Beitragvon krzyszp » Di Jan 14, 2014 12:04 pm

nicolas hat geschrieben:
krzyszp hat geschrieben:I have started translation to Polish :)

Put your work in Gitorious[1] and this kind of thing probably will not happen.

[1] - https://gitorious.org/yacy

I will do when I finish more then 30%. At the moment I have translated 200 of 3200 (about) phrases - I'm doing it in my spare time.
krzyszp

Beitragvon nicolas » Di Jan 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Maybe you misinterpreted me.
And maybe it's my fault, I didn't think that creating a new topic on a related subject was worth so I just replied here. :?
I didn't say 'Create a spanish section' (although I am not against it) what I did say was 'Create an international section'.
And what you said about the need to have someone that can understand what is being said is absotutely correct!

When I say international, I mean english-based section.
I don't think that we have people enough to a spanish section.
But an english section seems to be missing (see http://www.yacy-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=755)
nicolas

Beitragvon Low012 » Do Jan 16, 2014 9:24 am

Concerning the English forum: It has been set up by a person who lost interest in YaCy some time ago but kept running the forum anyway. I am a/the moderator of the English forum and I try to keep it clean from spam and illegal content, but I don't have the time to contribute much content-wise.

To allow me to have more control on the forum (updates, plugins, ...) the person who runs the forum at the moment and I agreed to move the forum to my webspace and to transfer the domain to me. Currently I am trying to create a running copy of the forum to be able to make a smooth transition later. Unfortunately the lack of time on my side is the limiting factor at the moment. I hope we get the transition done in January though.

I was thinking about giving away subdomains for free (for example fr.yacy-forum.org, es.yacy-forum.org), but I am still hesitating for the legal reasons Orbiter mentioned.
Low012

Beitragvon Yududi » Sa Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Last days I looked at some sites regarding the topic:

- german webmaster that lives in germany
- website in a foreign language

and I found out that its not that easy to run a website in a foreign language.

1. A german webmaster has to follow the german laws
("Impressum", "Datenschutzerklärung", ... ) which is something like "Legal Notice" and "Privacy Policy".

2. If a website addresses people from a foreign country the webmaster may also have to follow the laws of a/that foreign country.

-> A spanish website/forum would mean Orbiter would have to call a spanish lawyer for creating neccessary law texts and so on.
-> The forum would need an "Impressum", "Datenschutzerklärung", "Legal Notice"?, "Privacy Policy"? and don't know what its called in Spain if they also have got something like that.

3. I'm no lawyer just what I think about this topic after some texts.
Yududi

Beitragvon nicolas » Di Jan 21, 2014 1:09 am

Yududi hat geschrieben:Last days I looked at some sites regarding the topic:

- german webmaster that lives in germany
- website in a foreign language

and I found out that its not that easy to run a website in a foreign language.

1. A german webmaster has to follow the german laws
("Impressum", "Datenschutzerklärung", ... ) which is something like "Legal Notice" and "Privacy Policy".

2. If a website addresses people from a foreign country the webmaster may also have to follow the laws of a/that foreign country.

-> A spanish website/forum would mean Orbiter would have to call a spanish lawyer for creating neccessary law texts and so on.
-> The forum would need an "Impressum", "Datenschutzerklärung", "Legal Notice"?, "Privacy Policy"? and don't know what its called in Spain if they also have got something like that.

3. I'm no lawyer just what I think about this topic after some texts.

If your domain is .de you should not only comply to german laws?
And, I think, having a section english-based does not implies that this section is addressed to US citizens.
nicolas

Beitragvon krzyszp » Di Jan 21, 2014 1:16 am

nicolas hat geschrieben:If your domain is .de you should not only comply to german laws?
And, I think, having a section english-based does not implies that this section is addressed to US citizens.

Important is only where the server is. Even if domain is .fr or .pl but server is in Germany - you need only to comply with German law...
krzyszp

Beitragvon Yududi » Di Jan 21, 2014 9:58 am

krzyszp hat geschrieben:
nicolas hat geschrieben:If your domain is .de you should not only comply to german laws?

Important is only where the server is. Even if domain is .fr or .pl but server is in Germany - you need only to comply with German law...

No.

If I would follow your argumentation every german could legally run a piracy website which is hosted on a russian server.
This is forbidden and you would be judged for this just like you would run this on a german server.
A good first startpoint for this discussion for german users is
http://www.selbstaendig-im-netz.de/2011 ... -websites/

And: also if you are no german and do not live in germany as long as you addresses german users you have to act compatible to german laws.
If not you can be judged too. Depends on the contracts between your state and germany and if you ever want to travel to germany to see the reaction.
If you are a russian and run a piracy website on an australien website it could be that you get in jail here.

So because also YaCy is decentralized why not the forum too?
https://twitter.com/yacy_search/status/ ... 8249160704
Start your own forum in your own language and it will be linked here.
Yududi

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Jan 22, 2014 12:14 pm

as there was again a question where to start a posting in english language, I created an international forum category and added a non-english/non-german forum which is locked and contains only one posting explaining that we cannot host that there: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5097

@nicolas please: if you are urgently looking for a spanish space to discuss YaCy topics, just create a YaCy forum yourself! It is not so difficult to upload a phpbb5 release to a cheap web space, just do that!

If you do not want to do that yourself, please twitter a call for participation in spanish language (with a link here) and I will retweet that. Maybe someone else wants to start a spanish forum.
Orbiter

Zurück zu Off-Topic