What is the growth rate of Yacy?

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

What is the growth rate of Yacy?

Beitragvon Fenweruha » So Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

I was wondering if there are any statistics on the growth / take-up of Yacy please? A graph of users or index size over time would be interesting.
Fenweruha

Re: What is the growth rate of Yacy?

Beitragvon Low012 » Mo Nov 26, 2012 11:10 am

I think http://yacystats.de/network.html might be what you are looking for. It has the data of the last 12 months.
Low012

Beitragvon Fenweruha » Mo Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Low012 hat geschrieben:I think http://yacystats.de/network.html might be what you are looking for. It has the data of the last 12 months.

Not looking too good is it? It's shrunk dramatically over the last year. Could this be because it is only a research project rather than a product for people to use? If so when will they reverse that?
Zuletzt geändert von Fenweruha am Di Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Fenweruha

Beitragvon Low012 » Mo Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, it looks like it, but there also was a dramatic growth last year when the Free Software Foundation Europe mentioned YaCy in their newsletter. The project received some media coverage and lots of people tried YaCy last November. Right now I'd say the numbers are back to normal.
Low012

Yacy Stats (Statistics)

Beitragvon Fenweruha » Sa Okt 11, 2014 8:58 pm

The url for the Yacy stats is now down, what's the new one please?
Fenweruha

Beitragvon Erik_S » So Okt 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Fenweruha hat geschrieben:The url for the Yacy stats is now down, what's the new one please?
I work currently on a new Version of yacystats, see http://130.255.73.69:5353/stats_main. If you have any ideas or wishes please feel free to tell it me.
Please be warned, my tool is far from finished. There are still some Issues.

Erik
Erik_S

Beitragvon tinkerphone » So Okt 12, 2014 4:23 pm

The graphic looks nice. If you are working on the actual stats as well, I would like to see some stats about the most frequent search terms and most often indexed words.
tinkerphone

Beitragvon Erik_S » So Okt 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello,

tinkerphone hat geschrieben:If you are working on the actual stats as well
Yes, i will show considerably more details for each Peer (if you know at least the Name or the Hash of the Peer try a very first Version at http://130.255.73.69:5353/tool_query). The next Step after this is a World Map with the Positions of all active YaCy-Peers, Geo-Location based on IP-Address.

tinkerphone hat geschrieben:I would like to see some stats about the most frequent search terms and most often indexed words.
Okay, but i do not know there i can find this kind of informations. As far as i know this Informations are not available.
@Orbiter:
Any Ideas/Hints for this?

The primary intention of my tool is a DNS-Server and HTTP-Forwarder/Proxy for the both YaCy-Top-Level-Domains .yacy and .yacyh , but for fulfilling this Job my Tool must track in detail all available Peers in the entire YaCy-Peer-to-Peer-Network. If the tracking works fine there are a lot of informations about the YaCy-Network and i will show this informations as Statistic.

Greetings
Erik
Erik_S

Beitragvon Fenweruha » Di Nov 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks I only just saw this by chance. I would just like to see a simple linear graph to show interest over time with the ability to change the time period to display daily / monthly / yearly myself.
Fenweruha

Beitragvon Erik_S » Mi Nov 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello,

Fenweruha hat geschrieben:a simple linear graph to show interest over time
Sorry, i do not understand. What kind of information do you want to see?

Fenweruha hat geschrieben:with the ability to change the time period
This Feature is currently not implemented in my tool, but if the database is big enough (i mean if the database go for more than 4 weeks into the past) this is one of the next TODOs on my list.

Greetings
Erik
Erik_S

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender