Poor performances of YaCy

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

Poor performances of YaCy

Beitragvon OyooG » Fr Dez 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello everybody.

I'm a new user to YaCy, and I just installed the last version of YaCy on my server.
However, it seems I achieve poor performances.
It is a standard installation, on the main Global network. I didn't change anything, except network port and performance related settings - see below.

YaCy appears to be mostly idle. For instance, on the "Status" page, I have:
Code: Alles auswählen
Queues
======
Loader Queue:            0 | 200
Local Crawl              0      
Remote triggered Crawl   0      
Pre-Queueing             0

while my speed is said to be 0 pages/minute...
Following the first minutes of launch, YaCy was very busy, retrieving a lot of data from DHT, as well as indexing at about 500 PPM. So it used to work "fine" I would say.

I followed what is recommended here: http://www.yacy-websuche.de/wiki/index. ... erformance but there is little to no change.
I increased memory from 600 MB to 5,000 MB, and the word cache from 90,000 to 450,000 words.
Yet, memory usage oscillate between 2,500 and 3,500 MB, and the word indexing cache is only at 1,000 words, according to the performance page.
CPU usage is very low as well.

So, what can I do to increase YaCy indexing rate ?
OyooG

Re: Poor performances of YaCy

Beitragvon Orbiter » Fr Dez 14, 2012 6:00 pm

well, this is a misunderstanding of this monitoring view!
While YaCy does exchange/transfer indexes automatically in P2P mode, it does _not_ create indexes on its own. What you see here is the indexing queue which does only anything if _you_ start a web crawl.
That means this is not 'poor performance', this is just showing that you have not started your own web crawl.

Go here: /CrawlStartExpert_p.html or /CrawlStartSite_p.html and enter a start URL. YaCy will then take web pages with not more that 120 pages per minute. It will be a multiple of that if you start more crawls at once because there is a protection again too much load on target servers by reduction of crawl speed on purpose.
Orbiter

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender