Yacy noob questions.

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

Yacy noob questions.

Beitragvon Giorgos » Sa Aug 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi there and congrats for your software!!! :D

I just installed it (from it's repository) at my system (Kubuntu x64 13.04).
I read the docs but I'm still having a couple of questions:

1) How can I limit the memory usage?
I've set it at 50MB with max 150MB, however the memory usage is increasing over time, till ~ >450MB.

2) What ports needs to be opened at peerguardian?
I suppose 8090 TCP.
Incoming? Outgoing? Forwarding? All the above?
Does it needs UDP access too? Any other ports needs to be opened?

And a couple of feature request:

1) Please translate the forum interface to English too.

2) Is it possible to add GPG repository keys?

THANKS and keep up the good work!!! :D
Giorgos

Re: Yacy noob questions.

Beitragvon David » So Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am

Hi!
Giorgos hat geschrieben:1) How can I limit the memory usage?
I've set it at 50MB with max 150MB, however the memory usage is increasing over time, till ~ >450MB.

My peer also uses more ram than assigned, but I don't know the reason. Maybe it's caused by buffer overflows?

Giorgos hat geschrieben:2) What ports needs to be opened at peerguardian?
I suppose 8090 TCP.
Incoming? Outgoing? Forwarding? All the above?

In your firewall and router/modem, you need to allow TCP-traffic for the port 8090. But since peerguardian is an ip-blocker who simply let's you block bad ips (right?), I think you don't have to change any of it settings. Unless it turns out, you can't connect to the network at all, which probably means that all of the principal peers are in your blacklists.

Giorgos hat geschrieben:Does it needs UDP access too? Any other ports needs to be opened?

2x No

Giorgos hat geschrieben:1) Please translate the forum interface to English too.

Yeah, I know, the forum interface should automatically be displayed in english, if the website detects that the user has set a language other than german in his web browser preferences. But unfortunately, you have to do this manually in your forum account settings (which are displayed in german by default, lol).

Here's a little guide:
1. After logging in, go to the said settings here: ucp.php?i=165
2. Under "Meine Sprache" choose "British English"
3. Click the button "Absenden".

Giorgos hat geschrieben:2) Is it possible to add GPG repository keys?

I have no clue, someone else has to answer this question.
David

Re: Yacy noob questions.

Beitragvon Giorgos » So Aug 25, 2013 12:27 pm

David hat geschrieben: peerguardian is an ip-blocker who simply let's you block bad ips (right?),

Yes indeed!

David hat geschrieben:I think you don't have to change any of it settings. Unless it turns out, you can't connect to the network at all, which probably means that all of the principal peers are in your blacklists.

Giorgos hat geschrieben:Does it needs UDP access too? Any other ports needs to be opened?

2x No

ΟΚ!. Ι'll leave it alone.

David hat geschrieben:Yeah, I know, the forum interface should automatically be displayed in english, if the website detects that the user has set a language other than german in his web browser preferences. But unfortunately, you have to do this manually in your forum account settings (which are displayed in german by default, lol).

Here's a little guide:
1. After logging in, go to the said settings here: ucp.php?i=165
2. Under "Meine Sprache" choose "British English"
3. Click the button "Absenden".

I did that at the first place and indeed the registration and FAQ was in English.
Today everything seems to be OK.
Maybe it has something to do with the browser cache.
But I still think, that the forum titles needs to be bilingual too.

THANKS A LOT David for your help!!! :D
Giorgos

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender