Handling non-standard TLD's?

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

Handling non-standard TLD's?

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Do Nov 21, 2013 12:06 pm

YaCy looks like it would be really nice for indexing content in non-standard TLD's such as OpenNIC, which Google doesn't touch. (I'm interested in using it with the Namecoin .bit TLD, which is a decentralized DNS which is relatively resistant to censorship, hijacking, and surveillance.) However, obviously it would be bad if those results started showing up for users who can't resolve those domains. Is there a way to allow users to index nonstandard TLD's in the freeworld network, and have a user option to enable/disable such TLD's from showing up in results (disabled by default)? If there is no way to do this, is there any chance such a mechanism could be added?

Thanks.
biolizard89

Re: Handling non-standard TLD's?

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Nov 30, 2013 1:39 am

this is possible, but you must know and be aware which IP-range your non-standard TLD has. If it is within the public IP range, the standard setting should already allow that! If the IP-range belongs to the intranet, then you must set the network operation mode to 'intranet'. If the IP-range cannot be specified with the public or private IP pattern, then you can set YaCy to accept any IP range by selecting the /ConfigNetwork_p.html servlet and setting the "Network Definition" to "allip".
Orbiter

Re: Handling non-standard TLD's?

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Mo Dez 02, 2013 2:38 am

Orbiter hat geschrieben:this is possible, but you must know and be aware which IP-range your non-standard TLD has. If it is within the public IP range, the standard setting should already allow that! If the IP-range belongs to the intranet, then you must set the network operation mode to 'intranet'. If the IP-range cannot be specified with the public or private IP pattern, then you can set YaCy to accept any IP range by selecting the /ConfigNetwork_p.html servlet and setting the "Network Definition" to "allip".

Ah, great! So let me see if I understand... if I have my YaCy node (connected to freeworld) index a .bit domain (a nonstandard TLD which uses the public Internet IP range), then the site will be indexed, and other users who are able to view .bit domains will see my index in their search results? How do the other users' nodes determine if they can see nonstandard domains? Do the nodes just try to retrieve the website in question prior to displaying results? Will nonstandard TLD's propagate the DHT index properly? Do the nodes in the DHT have to support a nonstandard TLD to be able to store an index for it?

Thanks.
biolizard89

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender