Global Crawl

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

Global Crawl

Beitragvon vvvvvv » Sa Feb 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Hello!

I've got my new odroid 03 set up and yacy is up and running. I've got a terabyte external harddrive attached and I'm all good to go.

Is there a large ongoing global crawl I can join? I'm having trouble finding anything in the documentation. I know I can put in a website address and start a local crawl which other people can access - is this the only option? I intend to leave my yacy running and I'd love to be able to contribute to a bigger crawl.

Let me know what would be best to assist.
vvvvvv

Re: Global Crawl

Beitragvon vvvvvv » Sa Feb 22, 2014 2:45 pm

I've figured out how to allow my machine to remotely crawl - for anyone else starting up, I did this:

1. Go to "Crawler/Harvester" under "Index Production" on the side bar.
2. On the top bar, click on "Remote crawling" under "Network Harvesting".
3. Tick "accept remote crawl requests" and click save.

Can someone let me know if there's a larger global crawl I can latch on to , or if this is the best way to contribute.

Cheers.
vvvvvv

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender