Robinson Mode

Keine Scheu, hier darf alles gefragt und diskutiert werden. Das ist das Forum für YaCy-Anfänger. Hier kann man 'wo muss man klicken' fragen und sich über Grundlagen zur Suchmaschinentechnik unterhalten.
Forumsregeln
Hier werden Fragen beantwortet und wir versuchen die Probleme von YaCy-Newbies zu klären. Bitte beantwortete Fragen im YaCy-Wiki http://wiki.yacy.de dokumentieren!

Robinson Mode

Beitragvon rashid » Do Jun 30, 2016 12:59 am

Hello Yacy forums,
I think this is a Robinson Mode issue I am struggling with.

We have installed Yacy on a Windows 7 box.
We are trying to index documents stored locally,
at:
\users\username\YaCy\DATA\HTDOCS\repository\
based on the guidance found at the Yacy-Websearch DOT NET/wiki/index.php/En:Use_cases for Collaborative Desktop Indexing

Although documents get indexed (they show up in search), when we try to click on the individual results, nothing happens.
Therefore we cannot actually read the document.

It looks like on the server I can copy/paste the URL and paste it in a new tab and documents open up.
However, just clicking the link does not do anything.

Also, when accessing the search results from any other machine, the URL string reads like this:
file:///C:/users/rashid/YaCy/DATA/HTDOCS/repository/Topics/Cyber/Cyber%20Infrastructure%20No%20Borders.pdf

So obviously clicking that URL from the non-server will always fail.

Any advice?

- Rashid
rashid

Re: Robinson Mode

Beitragvon luc » Do Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi,
I think you should just follow wiki advice : "starts a web crawl at the address http://<local-ip>:8090/repository/." Thus search results start with <local-ip> instead of file:///C:... It is even better if you use your windows 7 box hostname instead of its IP adress.
luc

Re: Robinson Mode

Beitragvon rashid » So Jul 03, 2016 7:09 pm

that fixed it perfectly - thank you so much
rashid

Zurück zu Hilfe für Einsteiger und Anwender