English and German Forums for YaCy: uncensorable, untraceable search engines and freedom of information.
luc hat geschrieben:With the YaCy Process Scheduler (/Table_API_p.html) you just have to :
- find your last crawl start action(s) : in that page you can search for "crawl" or sort by "Recording Date" by clicking on that column for example
- in the "Scheduler" column, select the "activate scheduler" combo box option and then the appropriate periodicity.
With cron on a linux machine it is also quite simple :
- first try to start your crawl from command line : for example with the help of YaCy bin/apicall.sh script and using the parameters recorded in the /Table_API_p.html
- then schedule this command line as a cron job : see for example the related Debian documentation
But of course I agree it is not super user friendly : why not share here some ideas of which feature would make it easier? Some ideas :
- an option in the crawl start page to tell directly that you will want to run this task regularly?
- a new specific page with a list of websites/URLs whose index should be maintened up-to-date?
Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 1 Gast