Thank you for the English forum

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Thank you for the English forum

Beitragvon davidm » So Feb 02, 2014 6:38 am

It's been a long time coming and I think it's a great idea. One suggestion though to help increase English participation. I noticed upon trying to register that almost all text was in German. I think that may make it difficult for English speakers. In particular the current security question in regards to past members of the German government might also be a challenge. :) Might it be a good idea to add English text to the registration fields as well and in particular the security question? I did notice British English is installed as a language so for my fellow English speakers you can go to your "user control panel" at ucp.php and change that so most forum fields are in English but unfortunately as far as I can tell it is only for registered users.
davidm

Re: Thank you for the English forum

Beitragvon gTSj » Mo Feb 03, 2014 10:37 am

Since most Germans are able to understand at least some English the default language of this forum could be changed to English in my opinion.
gTSj

Re: Thank you for the English forum

Beitragvon davidm » Mo Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Well I'm an American who understands very little German. :) But I respect the right of the developers and German speakers to use their own language if they prefer. I just think it's great that we have a English section on this forum now. :)

Sure changing to English probably would make it so more people can read it more easily. But it feels a lot like going to Germany as a guest and demanding everyone speak only English.
davidm

Zurück zu English