English Search Results?

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

English Search Results?

Beitragvon Clete2 » Mi Feb 26, 2014 2:32 am

When I search almost anything, I get German pages. Is there a way I can filter results based on language?

Also, your forums were very difficult for me to register on. It asked me something about a 16-year old German Chancellor as a CAPCHA of sorts. I had to search the answer.
Clete2

Re: English Search Results?

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Feb 26, 2014 8:04 am

Clete2 hat geschrieben:When I search almost anything, I get German pages. Is there a way I can filter results based on language?

You are right, there should be a default navigation setting which selects the browser language to set a flag for the ranking. Documents in the browser language can then be selected to have a higher ranking.

My personal usage of search results has mostly no language preference, they are either english or german. I usually prefer english results over german if the content is just better. This is of course connected to the fact that I am able to read and understand english.
A language navigation also depends on the language recognition of the parser, which was always a problem in the past. Lets see how the status there is.

Clete2 hat geschrieben:Also, your forums were very difficult for me to register on. It asked me something about a 16-year old German Chancellor as a CAPCHA of sorts. I had to search the answer.

Your translation is wrong :) ...

If you register, then you can select the language for the registration in the top right corner, see screenshot:
select_english_in_forum_registration.png
select_english_in_forum_registration.png (32.6 KiB) 966-mal betrachtet

After you select 'english' you also get a registration captcha question in english language.
Orbiter

Re: English Search Results?

Beitragvon Clete2 » Fr Feb 28, 2014 4:29 am

Sorry, I should say that... I only took 1 semester of German so I did not even attempt to translate it myself. I used Google Translate and then searched from there to find the answer. :)

Is there somewhere I can send this feature suggestion (Choose language based on origin country and/or manual selection) to so that it can be considered?
Clete2

Zurück zu English