Yacy server performance monitoring

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Yacy server performance monitoring

Beitragvon oneaty » Di Mai 06, 2014 12:59 am

In an old, headless AMD Athlon 64 PC, 2GB ram, 160 GB HD, I installed Ubuntu Server 14.04, Cacti 0.8.8b and Yacy 1.7 for GNU/Linux.

I would like to share some graphs produced by Cacti showing the overall server performance for a two-hour time span (from 18:00 to 20:00) running Yacy on senior mode, 1 crawl.

Bild
Bild

Some notes:

1) In the CPU Usage graph, the green area corresponds to nice usage

2) In the Load Average graph, the three colors represent, from yellow to red, 1, 5 and 15 minute load average.

2) From 12:00 to 17:00, the server was only running Cacti

3) The smaller peaks at 17:00 represent my first attempt at running Yacy, where I had a small issue regarding administrative access, after which I stopped it until 18:00, when I solved the issue.
oneaty

Re: Yacy server performance monitoring

Beitragvon oneaty » Mi Mai 14, 2014 1:09 pm

An update after a week of (almost) 24x7 Yacy server running.

("Almost" because I had a power outage - see the memory graphs, in blue, where the outage shows clearly as a gap - that last a couple of minutes, and one unnecessary Yacy reset)

According to the Cacti graphs below (and the fact that the server didn't present any strange behaviour), Yacy shows up as a very stable and sustainable application (although a little bit resource consuming, but this is due to Java, I guess).

Bild

Bild

Bild

Notes:

1) The last two and a half graphs show bandwidth usage. The first referrs to last day usage and the next, to last week. Due to those two connection bursts showing in the weekly graph, the graph's scale got too high to show the rest of the usage, which fits a much smaller scale, so I present the daily graph (last day) to give an idea of Yacy's bandwidth usage: the center to right rise in inbound traffic (green) referrs to Yacy crawling (for now, I'm manually starting crawls, not using url proxy).

2) In regards to the CPU usage graph, the growth of the blue area (user processes) referrs to a new Cacti template I added - Percona MySQL monitoring - that is CPU-consumming; the growth in the green area (nice) referrs to running crawls

3) The graph "Servidor - hrStorageTable - /" refers to disk usage. The slight and continuous rise in disk usage refers either to Yacy and Cacti, the last one mainly because of syslog entries being written to its MySQL database.
oneaty

Zurück zu English