Peer downgaded from Sr to Jr. Why??

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Peer downgaded from Sr to Jr. Why??

Beitragvon oneaty » Di Mai 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi,
Yesterday I installed Yacy over a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 Server.

I left it running overnight and now, looking at /Network.html, I realized that my peer has been downgraded from Sr. to Jr.

Also, in /Status.html, there's a warning stating that I can't be reached from the outside (which, I believe, has something to do with the downgrading).

However, I double checked the server's (ufw) and the router's firewall (dd-wrt) and both are showing Yacy's port as opened.

Besides, both http://www.portcheckers.com/ and http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ services show port 8090 as opened.

Is there any way to identify the moment when my peer was downgraded, any kind of log where I can look for any clue?

Thanks
oneaty

Re: Peer downgaded from Sr to Jr. Why??

Beitragvon oneaty » Mi Mai 07, 2014 8:21 pm

I found the cause and workaround for this downgrade, although it let me quite confused.

The downgrade from Senior to Junior happened, in my case where Yacy port is definitly opened, because two days ago I turned "Protection of all pages" on, at ConfigAccounts_p.html page, Accounts tab.

What intrigues me is that I thought that when Yacy referrs to "pages" (like in "Protection of all pages") it means only the administrative front-end pages that we browse at ipaddress:8090, not the back-end functionality (like establishing p2p exchanges).

Or else this is a bug, right? (protection of all pages shouldn't prevent peer from running in senior mode)

Seconds after I turned off "Protection of all pages" my peer resumed back in senior mode.
oneaty

Zurück zu English