YaCy equivalent of Solr's debugQuery?

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

YaCy equivalent of Solr's debugQuery?

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Sa Mai 31, 2014 8:44 am

In Solr, you can use the debugQuery field to get information on how each result's ranking was calculated: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReleva ... 22wings.22

Is something similar available for YaCy's ranking? I'd really like to be able to get YaCy results and see how the ranking was calculated (both Solr and RWI).
biolizard89

Re: YaCy equivalent of Solr's debugQuery?

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Mai 31, 2014 8:56 am

good point. You can of course use the Solr API in YaCy to get Solr query results including debugQuery information but you point out that there is no transparency in connection with RWI ranking and you are right. I will see how I can add this in the same fashion as Solr does with debugQuery; i.e. in the opensearch API
Orbiter

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Sa Mai 31, 2014 9:08 am

Orbiter hat geschrieben:good point. You can of course use the Solr API in YaCy to get Solr query results including debugQuery information but you point out that there is no transparency in connection with RWI ranking and you are right. I will see how I can add this in the same fashion as Solr does with debugQuery; i.e. in the opensearch API

Excellent, thank you.
biolizard89

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Di Sep 02, 2014 7:10 am

Hi Orbiter, is there any progress on this?
biolizard89

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Mi Feb 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi, is there any update on this? I'm hoping to do some experiments with this data, so it would be great to have this implemented. Thanks!
biolizard89

Beitragvon biolizard89 » So Apr 19, 2015 5:16 am

Hi,

Is there any documentation on how exactly the RWI ranking calculations work? I dug through the source code and found the following:

https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_ser ... .java#L215
https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_ser ... java#L1054

I haven't found any details on the wiki, and the source code linked above is a bit difficult for me to read (although that's partially because I haven't done any serious Java coding in about 3-4 years). Is there any other source code that's relevant to the RWI ranking, and/or any wiki documentation on it?

Cheers,
-Jeremy

EDIT: Also found this one: https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_ser ... java#L1392
biolizard89

Beitragvon biolizard89 » Do Mär 03, 2016 10:47 am

biolizard89 hat geschrieben:In Solr, you can use the debugQuery field to get information on how each result's ranking was calculated: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReleva ... 22wings.22

Is something similar available for YaCy's ranking? I'd really like to be able to get YaCy results and see how the ranking was calculated (both Solr and RWI).

Hello Orbiter (or any other developers reading this).

I've successfully implemented this, and will be sending a pull request as soon as the code is cleaned up a little bit. Before I do so, I have a quick question. I assume that this feature should be off by default, since it results in a lot of extra data being generated and most users don't care about it. What is the right way for a user to enable this feature? Solr uses an HTTP GET parameter to enable this. Is that the preferred method for YaCy as well? It's probably also possible to add a setting in the ranking settings page, which would enable/disable this. Personally I prefer using an HTTP GET parameter since it's somewhat easier to quickly enable/disable than adding a ranking settings page entry. Opinions?

Cheers.
biolizard89

Beitragvon luc » Do Mär 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello, to my mind it si sufficient to set this new feature off by default and to add a parameter which can eventually activate it.
But, if you have some more time, I think it is even better if you add a configuration option which can activate/desactivate it all time, default being off. Of course, any eventual request parameter would override config value... It is a little bit more complicated, but there are many examples in YaCy sources.
luc

Zurück zu English