Configure data path to an other drive

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Configure data path to an other drive

Beitragvon wrecked » Di Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi,

I've only got a limited main SSD system drive for my Ubuntu, and I'd like to use an alternative muti-terabyte disk I've got on my machine. Is it possible to use an other DATA path than /var/lib/yacy? It is already taking a few Gb and growing fast.
wrecked

Re: Configure data path to an other drive

Beitragvon David » So Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

As far as I know, you can't configure an alternate path for the data directory within the yacy settings, but theoretically you should be able to accomplish this with a symbolic link: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/172/crea ... ris_linux/

Or you could move the whole yacy directory to the bigger disk.
David

Beitragvon wrecked » So Jul 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Thanks for the tip, this has worked great so far (I'm posting this for future reference):

Code: Alles auswählen
sudo bash
service yacy stop
cd /var/lib
cp -r yacy /media/big-disk/bin
chmod -R yacy:yacy /media/big-disk/bin/yacy
mv yacy yacy_old
ln -s /media/big-disk/bin/yacy yacy
service yacy start
exit
wrecked

Beitragvon ewfoij » Do Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm

wrecked hat geschrieben:Thanks for the tip, this has worked great so far (I'm posting this for future reference):
Code: Alles auswählen
sudo bash
service yacy stop
cd /var/lib
cp -r yacy /media/big-disk/bin
chmod -R yacy:yacy /media/big-disk/bin/yacy
mv yacy yacy_old
ln -s /media/big-disk/bin/yacy yacy
service yacy start
exit

This doesn't work for me on mint. The link works, the permissions look good, yacy says that it starts and stops, but doesn't write anything in the /var/log, or change anything in the DATA path, or provide the admin console. I never see it in with the ps ax or top.

I created an empty directory on the link, and tried to start yacy. It made empty log and settings subdirectories and died without any errors or new logs anywhere i can see yet.
ewfoij

Zurück zu English