Russian data retention and notification laws

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Russian data retention and notification laws

Beitragvon ktplulo » Do Jul 10, 2014 9:00 am

Since 1 Aug 2014, a law goes into effect that requires
  • informing the authorities of starting a web site or other network service,
  • except for a list of "personal, family and home needs" (defined in a separate law with details), retain certain kinds of data (when connected to activity of a user who has a Russian IP address, or specified Russia in his profile, or specified an address or a phone number that belongs to Russia) for 6 months.

Sites that do not retain data and are not excluded might be blocked in Russia.

Links to the law and drafts of the separate laws with details: http://rublacklist.net/7954/
ktplulo

Re: Russian data retention and notification laws

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Jul 23, 2014 8:40 pm

(I cannot read that russian text..) What kind of activity is required, what functionality in YaCy would cause to circumvent that law?
Orbiter

Re: Russian data retention and notification laws

Beitragvon ktplulo » Do Aug 07, 2014 5:57 pm

I don't know what I am talking about, and I haven't read the laws or the drafts recently. Sorry I missed your message.

Data retention is logging. Determining what to retain requires reading the law, taking notes, and knowing what YaCy logs. I don't know if I would be capable of understanding that.
ktplulo

Zurück zu English