P2P mode, dht exchange

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

P2P mode, dht exchange

Beitragvon zmudzmar » Mi Jul 30, 2014 12:54 pm

I'd like to build own yacy private network. How to do it I know.

Question is how many host with external IP should I have to activate p2p data exchange between them. As I remember ages ago there was minimum limit about 30+ hosts

I am asking (before buy servers) cause I'd like to have 3 or 4 machines with Yacy installed and no data exchange between machines will be problem for me

If this limit still exist can you tell me where can I change it?
zmudzmar

Re: P2P mode, dht exchange

Beitragvon David » Sa Aug 02, 2014 11:26 am

zmudzmar hat geschrieben:I'd like to build own yacy private network. How to do it I know.

I'm not quite sure. I have never done this before. I think you have to set the proper settings on the network configuration page: http://localhost:8090/ConfigNetwork_p.html. Maybe you have to create a custom network definition under "Network and Domain Specification".

zmudzmar hat geschrieben:Question is how many host with external IP should I have to activate p2p data exchange between them. As I remember ages ago there was minimum limit about 30+ hosts

For my part, I have never heard of a minimum limit.
David

Beitragvon xioc752 » Fr Jan 02, 2015 9:40 pm

We need to build a network of private peers, too.
How do we do this?
All the references I can find are many years old.
Since the basic internal structure of YaCy has changed considerably in recent years, and now uses Solr, using those old instructions can be fatal.
We currently have 3 Robinson servers that only read each other.
We want to convert then and add more minimum 2+ more servers to make a private, secure, P2P + DHT environment.
Where are instructions to do this, please?
We must not lose the considerable amount of data we have already harvested.

Who knows how to do this, please?
Many thanks
xioc752

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Jan 03, 2015 12:15 pm

the old instructions should still be valid! solr did not change that; it gave just one more opportunity for a search network topology.
Orbiter

Beitragvon xioc752 » Sa Jan 03, 2015 1:04 pm

OK, that is great news!
THANK YOU
Please post the correct link or links.
Not taking any chances...there are relative newbies out here in the rest of the world! :)
Are there instructions anywhere to safely convert or even Migrate the data in the Robinson servers to that DHT P2P new environment of the new servers, please?
The 2 oldest Robinson servers (of 3) are full and totally out of space, so we need to move the data.
We want to have the entire group in P2P DHT, in the end. (No more Robinson servers)
What are our options, please?

Yes where are the current instructions, please???
Many, many thanks, once again!
xioc752

Beitragvon Orbiter » So Jan 11, 2015 11:49 pm

The wiki page for a network set-up is at http://www.yacy-websuche.de/wiki/index. ... definition
I just saw that this is available in german only, you probably must use a online translator.
Orbiter

Zurück zu English