Tutorials or ebook

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Tutorials or ebook

Beitragvon Chaoticum » Mi Okt 08, 2014 4:46 pm

I wasn't able to find any really useful and well structured tutorials for YaCy. Are there any English materials like tutorials (articles or videos), ebook or documentation? YaCy wiki is kind of...well usually I end up at the German version or empty page. I guess most of you will know what I'm talking about. :)
Chaoticum

Re: Tutorials or ebook

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Okt 08, 2014 5:55 pm

tutorials are here: https://www.youtube.com/user/YaCyTutorials/videos ..should grow in the future
Wiki is a bit outdated, this will not change until everybody feels involved and enhances the wiki as they learn how YaCy works. I am serious: this is a search engine "by the people for the people", not a wishbox. Please enhance the wiki!
Orbiter

Beitragvon Chaoticum » Do Okt 09, 2014 9:16 am

@Orbiter: Thanks a lot, I somehow missed this YouTube channel. I hope I'll be able to contribute when I'll find my way around YaCy and discover solutions for my questions in the previous topic. :) Really nice would be if somebody experienced could write eng Wiki sections "The basics" and especially "For beginners". That could help a lot of people.
BTW, Orbiter, is there any change that I saw you as speaker on 2012 Campus Party in Berlin? I've checked your Twitter and your photo looks familiar.
Chaoticum

Beitragvon Orbiter » Do Okt 09, 2014 10:17 am

Yes I was speaker at Campus Party 2012, the video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnpBNtqtRew (audio is missing in the first two minutes)

If there are topics for a tutorial video you may suggest some. I don't know when I have time to do those videos and I already made my own list of tutorials I want to do but a user suggestion shows often that a developer is blind for the users view on the application. So if anyone has an idea about what would be really important to explain, please let me know. If you suggest more than one, please mark them with an importance-order.
Orbiter

Zurück zu English