Queries per hour reporting

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Queries per hour reporting

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Do Okt 16, 2014 10:00 am

I ran an hour long test today with my robot keyboard and found on the network page had errors in reporting the local QPH rate.

Can some one explain to me how the QPH totals are calculated?

My peer has been up for 2 hours now and there has been 80 remote requests. /AccessTracker_p.html?page=4
That would imply I should see 40 QPH but Yacy reports only 1.19 QPH for remote.

I have reported a bug but can someone else calculate the up time in hours then divide by the number of remote requests /AccessTracker_p.html?page=4 and add a comment to http://mantis.tokeek.de/view.php?id=487 if you agree with me.

At a guess the reported figure is about 33 times lower, I did a quick add up on senior an principal peers and the QPH could be around 7500.
smokingwheels

Re: Queries per hour reporting

Beitragvon Orbiter » Fr Okt 17, 2014 12:11 pm

ah, yes the QPH is difficult to explain. As we constructed the feature, we wanted to avoid that the real number of queries that a peer submits in the P2P network is visible. If the number of queries is counted on the local peer, it would be visible that these queries happend. Instead, we count the number of queries at the remote peers. It works like this:

- your peer makes a p2p query to X peers
- within each query to remote peers, the remote peer gets the number X of all queries peers submitted
- the remote peer increases the number of queries in the local QPH counter by 1/X
- if we sum up the number of remote queries over all peers then X * (1/X) is added for each query Qn for n queries in the network, which should result in the number n.

This causes the strange number of QPH in your peer, because it does not count the queries you made but just a summed-up fraction of queries other made.
Orbiter

Zurück zu English