Need help Linux bug reporting keyboard handling

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Need help Linux bug reporting keyboard handling

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Sa Nov 01, 2014 3:13 pm

I have struck a problem with the keyboard buffer in Debian 7 VPS its only about 20 keystrokes long.
I have tried to report a bug but haven't a clue which module its for just got a default MSG back.

I have run tests on Windows XP with a reg hack that can have a 500 000 keystroke buffer and I can overflow that but it takes a while and 50% CPU load, this is fine for set and forget come back later for my keyboard emulator PC.
If you could send them a video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXG-GM-IiF0
Windows at about 3000 WPM on a Ghosting demo site that would be good.
My emulator can be pushed to approx 6000 WPM, have pic @ 58xx WPM some where.

The reason I ask is I can download the API Schedule table, do some load balancing, delete all and add new values back. Work in progress. see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5436

I did a rough calculation/test run for 1000 API entries you are in the order of 170 000 keystrokes. From what I know there is about 1 hour where I am waiting for the port to be serviced in Debian 7 and 7 hours to get the data back in.
The Pause I have to add for no errors is equal to about every 20 keys = 250 mS from testing on low end hardware.

1. I would like massive keyboard buffer 500 000 or larger in Linux.
Thanks
smokingwheels

Zurück zu English