Install Yacy in more than on servers

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Install Yacy in more than on servers

Beitragvon Vasnet7 » Sa Mär 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello
First i want to congratulate your team for your beautiful script and the excellent idea for peer to peer function.
I want to use this search engine for my own portal and i would like to ask:
How can i install it in 4-5 different servers so to make different crowling at the same time and to "connect" all the results from all servers to one and only server with one domain?
Thank you very much
Vasnet7

Re: Install Yacy in more than on servers

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Apr 11, 2015 12:04 pm

to run several YaCy servers on the same domain you just need to configure different ports for them.
Either change the port attribute in default/yacy.init before you start YaCy the first time or change the port in the basic configuration page after the start.

But you don't need several YaCy instances if you want to start several crawls. Just start several Crawls on the same YaCy instance, they will run concurrently.
Orbiter

Re: Install Yacy in more than on servers

Beitragvon Vasnet7 » So Apr 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Thank you very much for your answer.
And how do they "communicate"? What settings (except the port, mentioned before) do i have to do so the first installation "understand" that has to "communicate" with other instances?
Vasnet7

Zurück zu English