"Search again" & API

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

"Search again" & API

Beitragvon davide » So Mai 24, 2015 5:40 pm

If I get this correctly, the "search again" button is intended to allow YaCy to better refine the search results during the time frame between the first query ("search") and the second one ("search again"). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hereof, I noticed that searches performed via the web panel return results in less time than those performed via API (yacysearch.json). Is this because YaCy allows more time to source results for API queries?

Also, how much delay is a "good delay" to have a degree of confidence over the results returned?
davide

Re: "Search again" & API

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Mai 27, 2015 11:11 pm

davide hat geschrieben:If I get this correctly, the "search again" button is intended to allow YaCy to better refine the search results during the time frame between the first query ("search") and the second one ("search again"). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thats right. well its simple: when doing a search to other peers, there must be a time-out, waiting for more results. If that happens, the first result page is shown completely, but meanwhile more results may get in; that is not stopped when the first results are shown. Doing a second search will simply put you into a situation where more results have been collected meanwhile.

davide hat geschrieben:Hereof, I noticed that searches performed via the web panel return results in less time than those performed via API (yacysearch.json). Is this because YaCy allows more time to source results for API queries?

There is actual no distinguishing between .html servlet results and .json or .rss results. So I have do explanation for your observatuion.

davide hat geschrieben:Also, how much delay is a "good delay" to have a degree of confidence over the results returned?

This is open for research. I actually don't know. You can develop a 'rule of thumb' for your own application. I experimented with time ranges from 3-10 seconds. Most important was obviously the waiting time, not the completeness of the result for the user. But that may be different for a different type of user.
Orbiter

Zurück zu English