Provide the -Xincgc option to Java a performance boost?

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Provide the -Xincgc option to Java a performance boost?

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Mi Aug 05, 2015 8:12 am

From http://www.electricmonk.nl/log/2011/07/22/minecraft-server-optimization/

This enabled the concurrent incremental garbage collector, which basically means that Java won't pause for a couple of seconds to clean up old unused stuff (unloaded chunks). This reduces lag and choppiness in the loading of chunks/movement of mobs and destruction/placement of blocks.

Would this work for Yacy or does it already do it?
I am running a Debian Server with yacy and minecraft running.

Is this where I add the -Xincgc option to Java in the startYACY.sh?

# done
else
JAVA_ARGS="-Xincgc -Xmx600m -Xms180m $JAVA_ARGS";
PORT="8090"
fi

#echo "JAVA_ARGS: $JAVA_ARGS"
#echo "JAVA: $JAVA"
smokingwheels

Re: Provide the -Xincgc option to Java a performance boost?

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Mi Aug 05, 2015 11:44 am

Just tried this in Windows and got heaps faster crawler ppm. Will have to do further testing once my minecraft server is maxed out with performance mods.

startYACY.bat

set javacmd=-Xmn600m -Xss1M -Xms1G -Xmx1G -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

There are 2 settings for one for java 7 and one for java 8.
Try at own risk..
See http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/server-administration/1937726-java-7-8-command-line-options-for-minecraft
smokingwheels

Zurück zu English