Yacy, Installation help for Mac

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Yacy, Installation help for Mac

Beitragvon peevacorn » So Jun 26, 2016 10:42 am

Hey there, I downloaded Yacy but whenever I started it, the message to use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK popped up.

So I installed the java from the official apple website
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The message disappeared, and when I clicked on the app, nothing happened. It's just there, on the desktop. And I can't access localhost 8090.

I'm using google chrome, but i tried this on safari too, and the localhost page still doesn't load

could you please help me out?
peevacorn

Re: Yacy, Installation help for Mac

Beitragvon luc » Mo Jun 27, 2016 9:12 am

Hi peevacorn, as it is said on the apple page you used, they offer a deprecated java version (java 6). Current official Oracle java version is java 8, and YaCy require at least java 7 to run.
So you should "download the latest version of Java for OS X directly from Oracle https://www.java.com " as stated on Apple page.
Don't hesitate to ask again if you encounter other issues.
luc

Beitragvon peevacorn » Di Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

Hey, thanks, I downloaded and installed the java from the link you sent me, but still no luck. I tried doing this on 4 different browsers. When I clikc on yacy app nothing happens and localhost page can't be found
peevacorn

Beitragvon luc » Di Jun 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Ok, so as an alternative way to launch YaCy, you can open Terminal and launch from command line.
Fisrt, check Java is correctly installed by typing : java -version.
Then you can go to your YaCy app folder : cd /YourInstallPath/YaCy.app/Contents/Resources/Java
And finally launch with : sh startYACY.sh
This way you may have more details on what is going wrong.
You can also look for error messages in the log file : /YourInstallPath/YaCy.app/Contents/Resources/Java/DATA/LOG/yacy00.log
luc

Zurück zu English