How to check if my node works?

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

How to check if my node works?

Beitragvon ungzd » Mi Sep 07, 2016 12:09 pm

My node has 82999 documents, 82999 links, 980637 RWIs, but "Sent DHT Word Chunks" is 831 "Sent URLs" is 2087, and these counts stay the same for a long time. How to check if the node works and that data I indexed is usable for search by others?

Does it send index chunks on demand when searches are run on other nodes, or it sends all index to distribute on other nodes?
ungzd

Re: How to check if my node works?

Beitragvon luc » Do Sep 08, 2016 9:11 am

Hello, you can for example test on your peer the search API (/yacy/search.html) used by YaCy peers to perform p2p searches. There are some examples in the wiki : Dev:APIsearch#Example_Usage. Supposing your local index contains one of the sample search terms, the query sould return results encoded (hashes) results. So remote peers should be able to use them.

You can also check your solr API (/solr/select) is correctly working. There is also a sample query in the wiki : Dev:APISolrSelect.

And of course your peer Status should be "Senior" but I guess you already checked that.
You should also check in (/ConfigNetwork_p.html) that "Index Distribution" is enabled. This is what controls the automated index distribution, notably through /yacy/transferRWI.html API.
luc

Zurück zu English