Snippet generation

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Snippet generation

Beitragvon Alex » Fr Sep 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi!

Is to possible to have a longer snippet generation? If not, is there any reason for that?
Alex

Re: Snippet generation

Beitragvon luc » Fr Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi Alex,
snippets are generated in different places, an some have definitely a fixed maximum size not configurable in the current YaCy :
- when no snippet was provided by local or remote Solr engine, YaCy tries to generate snippets on its own, with a hard-coded maximum size : see SearchEvent and constant SearchEvent.SNIPPET_MAX_LENGTH
- as far as I know, with results from remote YaCy portal peers, snippets will be generated by remote Solr, but you won't have control over their size as it is configured on the remote Solr
- the only case when you may be able to configure your peer (note I didn't tested this on mine) for a longer snippet size is probably in your local Solr configuration : see the related section in the default Solr Config and Solr Wikinstructions for example.

Best regards
luc

Zurück zu English