Yacy Update to 1.92 Problem (Debian)

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Yacy Update to 1.92 Problem (Debian)

Beitragvon bubul » Mi Jan 04, 2017 5:49 pm

I've updated yacy (http://109.238.10.103:8090/) to 1.92 but problems:
In fact, i've updated because yacy never load any page, i've seen with webmin it was using 180% (!) of the processor (during hours...) but when updated with webmin, all crawls was set to finished !

When searching on my yacy server, why it's not loading local result first, it seem it never load local results:
"(0 local, 5,444 remote), 75 from 11 remote YaCy peers."

Yacy is a good idea, but when crawl is started, yacy is very low to do search on web interface, maybe an option to set memory reserved for crawl and another for web interface and search can be a good idea (sample: 4gb to crawl and 2gb for search when a user search from the web) !

And a few weeks ago, i've compressed a yacy local folder with ~ 70gb of data with 7z (on windows http://www.7-zip.org/) and it take after less than 20gb, maybe an option to compress cache or something like that will be good ?!
bubul

Re: Yacy Update to 1.92 Problem (Debian)

Beitragvon luc » Fr Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am

bubul there is probably still something broken in your YaCy configuration. Maybe resetting your yacy.conf to defaults could help but I guess you would prefer not to reconfigure everything...
If you wish to send me as private message a copy of your conf file and your logs I can try to have a look.
luc

Beitragvon bubul » Mi Jan 11, 2017 2:50 pm

yes, but what are the file exactly do you want ?
bubul

Beitragvon luc » Do Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am

I was thinking to these ones :
- /var/lib/yacy/LOG/yacy00.log and eventually /var/lib/yacy/LOG/yacy01.log (copy them just after you performed an example search query)
- /var/lib/yacy/SETTINGS/yacy.conf
luc

Beitragvon bubul » Mo Jan 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I can't send txt or log files with a message on the forum, i've send you a private message to ask you how to do .
bubul

Beitragvon luc » Mo Jan 23, 2017 9:53 am

For anyone that could be interested, the analysis of log files provided by bubul revealed that its local index was effectively requested, but was too slow to answer within the /yacysearch.html hard-coded timeout (requesting directly through the /solr/select api returns results, but it takes more than one minute).

The best advice I could give him was to switch to an external Solr Server rather than the default embedded one, given the quite huge size of its local index.

But maybe someone more experienced with large Solr indexes would have some better advice to share here...
luc

Beitragvon bubul » Mi Feb 01, 2017 11:32 pm

I don't know why but the yacy sample server seem to work very good:

http://search.yacy.net/yacysearch/index.html?

What is is configuration ?
bubul

Zurück zu English