Disk quota problem - new partition not available to Yacy

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Disk quota problem - new partition not available to Yacy

Beitragvon irnerio » Fr Mär 17, 2017 11:10 pm

I installed Yacy on a cloud server with 25GB available. When Yacy reached the maximum disk quota, the crawling has been suspended. So I've upgraded my cloud and have now 80GB available. The problem is that Yacy do not see the new partition and the disk quota availability has not changed (e.g. Yacy can see only 2,5 GB of free disk when actually there is 62,5 GB).
I was said that a new installation of Yacy is required. I'm not sure this is the only option. May be there is another way to solve this problem changing some config settings to see the new partition.

May be the creation of a symbolic link between partitions a possible solution ? In this case what's the directory to link and what should be the name of the target directory in the larger partition ?

Somebody can help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Mario
irnerio

Re: Disk quota problem - new partition not available to Yacy

Beitragvon luc » Mi Mär 22, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Mario, to my mind using a symbolic link to move your YaCy data folder is a safe option, furthermore if you consider that on Debian the DATA folder is already distributed as a symbolic link between /usr/share/yacy/DATA and /var/lib/yacy.

I just checked on a Debian YaCy peer that the following steps works properly :
- stop the YaCy peer
- copy the data folder and important, keep ownership to yacy user (-p option) : cp -Rp /var/lib/yacy /newPart/newFolder
- rename the existing data folder to keep it as backup : mv /var/lib/yacy /var/lib/yacy.back
- make a new symbolic link to your new data folder : ln -s /newPart/newFolder /var/lib/yacy
- links chain to the data folder should now be : /usr/share/yacy/DATA -> /var/lib/yacy -> /newPart/newFolder
- start your peer : you should find your settings and indexed data unchanged. Hopefully the new partition freed disk space is also successfully taken into account : this step worked for me on Debian.

Good luck
luc

Re: Disk quota problem - new partition not available to Yacy

Beitragvon irnerio » Mi Mär 22, 2017 10:58 am

Great ! Eventually I decided to make a new setup of my server to clean install Yacy again. Everything is ok now but your suggestions will be useful in the future. Thank you again luc ;)
irnerio

Zurück zu English