YaCy searching Openbazaar

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

YaCy searching Openbazaar

Beitragvon _44-4N_26-1E_ » Mo Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello to all,

OpenBazaar https://openbazaar.org/ is an Open Source p2p marketplace employing Kademlia style DHT.

How can I use YaCy to search the OpenBazaar namespace to list all vendors?

I have no idea if this is possible.

And if it is possible; I am asking someone to please tell me how.

I am currently using two Raspberry Pi boards 24/7 to run YaCy + OpenBazaar.

This looks like it could be a match made in heaven.

All the Best
[ _44-4N_26-1E_ ]
_44-4N_26-1E_

Re: YaCy searching Openbazaar

Beitragvon shni » Di Apr 11, 2017 8:32 am

As you've set up both, aren't there any listing pages provided by the OpenBazaar client to start crawling with?
shni

Re: YaCy searching Openbazaar How to do it

Beitragvon _44-4N_26-1E_ » Di Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Thank you for your reply,

Would that there were.

Since OpenBazaar is open source; it would seem easy enough to trawl through the code looking for some hook.

But for me that is not the case. I have been searching high and low for a solution.

The last time that I looked, OpenBazaar had less than 300 Vendors. I want to repeat a vendor search as that total number of vendors grows.

I want to use YaCy to search the OpenBazaar NameSpace so that I might have control instead of allowing search control to someone else.

I have a great distrust of authority in all of its forms.

Here is my little monkey story for illustration.

Some good time ago using a tablet from my home ip address I searched internet for "hatay" using a search engine provided by one of the largest companies in the world.

I know that word "hatay" very well and I knew what I was looking for. The search returned more than several million results. So I skimmed through 30 pages of results; to see who was reporting what.

On that same day at a friend,s house using my same tablet via my friend's ip address (same Internet service provider ) I searched for "hatay" and got different results. I was somewhat surprised and I studied the listing closely.

Later at my home a search for "hatay" gave me the same results that I had seen five hours earlier. WTF !!! Being curious now, I fired up a TOR browser and searched again.

Lo and Behold; Different results for different ip addresses.

That's my story and Im sticking to it.

And so finally will having some sense of control over searching a small space really make any difference?

Maybe not; but I will think that it does.

Stop me if you have heard this joke.

A guy goes to the doctor.

The doctor tells him that he has to give up smoking + drinking + sex.

The guy asks "Doctor will I live longer? "

The doctor says "No you will not live longer, But you will think that it is longer."

--Best Regards and thank you to the producers of YaCy-
_44-4N_26-1E_

Zurück zu English