Yacy can't see the open port.

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Yacy can't see the open port.

Beitragvon Giorgos » Di Mai 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi! :)

I have a new router (ZXHN H108N V2.5), but seems like Yacy is not happy with it. :D
I have done port forwarding for the port at router's setup and also I opened it at firewall's rules.

a) At Win 10 x64 Yacy reports the port as closed, but enabling UPnP, solves the problem.
b) At Debian Jessie x64 KDE, UPnP is not successful, so the problem remains.

I've checked the port at Windows, with pfportchecker and it reports it as open. Also other P2P software (eg. Azureus) don't have any problem with it.
At Linux (since I don't have pfportchecker and I don't trust web based solutions), I pointed Azureus to this port and it reported it as open (OK).
I already have whitelisted for TCP this port at UFW.

What do you think? Is it a bug?
Seems like Yacy have difficulties communicating to ports.
Giorgos

Re: Yacy can't see the open port.

Beitragvon luc » Mi Mai 17, 2017 8:13 am

Hello,
I also had difficulties with YaCy when I was previously running it behind a router without UPnP... What is strange is that this method works on your windows machine but not on your Debian one (on my own current Debian YaCy install, using UPnP works fine). Are you sure there are no firewall rules activated on your Debian that you could have missed?
luc

Beitragvon Giorgos » Mi Mai 17, 2017 11:04 am

Well...I'm not an expert on Uncomplicated Firewall and I'm using (as it's front end) UFW settings (the KDE control panel module), but I double (and triple and mutiple) checked it :D and I believe it's well configured.

I'll try to look at UPnP settings. I think something's broken there.

THANKS luc!!! ;)
Giorgos

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Di Mai 30, 2017 4:23 pm

To test you Yacy server do a private test here https://www.webpagetest.org/ just 1 go the default is 3.
smokingwheels

Beitragvon Giorgos » Do Jun 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Ehm...I'm not really sure, how this page works! :oops:
Giorgos

Zurück zu English