Search options

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Search options

Beitragvon eros » Mi Mai 31, 2017 10:58 am

Hi there,

is there a way of having yacy boost results coming from different domains? I.e. often the top 10 results are from wikipedia, is there a way of telling Yacy to return just 1 result from each domain (or to demote "similar" results and show them further down the list, much like Google does)?

Other options I couldn't find: is there a way of excluding results from a particular domain or with a certain extension? I.e. something like Google's -site:www.domain.foo and -filetype:pdf options?

Thanks,
Eros
eros

Re: Search options

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Mi Mai 31, 2017 6:25 pm

To exclude results from a particular domain add it to the /Blacklist_p.html page. I don't worry about formatting just add domain.foo not sure if this is the best method or correct but it works.

Here's mine you have to copy and past into \DATA\LISTS\url.default.black Feel free to remove any unwanted ones.
http://forum.yacy-websuche.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5977

Do you block unwanted hosts in your hosts file on your system 0.0.0.0 domain.foo?
The certain extensions blocking I am unsure if Yacy will even do that. Maybe a second opinion is needed here.
smokingwheels

Beitragvon eros » Do Jun 01, 2017 8:53 am

Thank you but I was looking for a way of letting users of the search engine decide whether they want to exclude a certain domain or not, I'm looking for a search parameter to use in the search box, not a way of blacklisting unwanted domains.
eros

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Do Jun 01, 2017 9:39 am

You could register and add a report to the wishlist of Yacy Bugs http://mantis.tokeek.de/my_view_page.php of what you would like to have in the future.

Thanks for clearing that up.
smokingwheels

Beitragvon luc » Fr Jun 02, 2017 12:35 am

Hello, as far as I know the two search options you are looking for are indeed not available in the main YaCy search interface.

But if you are not afraid by Solr query syntax, you can already go far further in search customization by requesting directly your own local Solr index with your own queries (unfortunately this does not apply to p2p search).

For example to not have successive results on the same host, maybe Solr Result grouping could help you. This could be a request like
Code: Alles auswählen
/solr/select?core=collection1&q=yacy&start=0&rows=10&fl=sku&group=true&group.field=host_s&group.main=true
: search term is yacy, with maximum 10 results from start, displaying only urls (for simplicity in the example) and grouping by host name.

This is just an example. I am really not an expert in Solr queries, and of course this is not user friendly. But by crafting your own search queries eventually rendered by your own HTML search page, you can obtain a very specific and personal result.
luc

Zurück zu English