No remote results in peer-to-peer mode

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

No remote results in peer-to-peer mode

Beitragvon davide » Mi Jun 28, 2017 8:47 am

I downloaded Yacy from the Master branch at the height of yesterday's latest commit by luc.

Then

Code: Alles auswählen
ant clean all
and started Yacy. The configuration is all default except for the following:

Bild

Bild

Port on NAT is open, the peer is reachable from the outside at: http://87.19.240.129:8090

The problem is I never receive search results from remote peers, only local results are displayed, even after leaving Yacy running and crawling overnight.
davide

Re: No remote results in peer-to-peer mode

Beitragvon davide » Mi Jun 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Additional info:

the computer has 8 cores / 8 threads, with 3 GB assigned to java VM. System load sits between 10 and 12 due to all the running processes, including Yacy.
In "PerformanceQueues_p.html" I set all the thresholds for system load to 16, a limit which is never reached.

When I pause background processes while leaving Yacy running, the system load falls below 2 and Yacy does return search results from remote peers. When background processes resume, load returns to 10÷12 and remote results are no longer collected.

Disk I/O is bare minimal and Yacy's index is less than 1M documents.
davide

Beitragvon davide » Do Jun 29, 2017 12:15 am

Solved:

Code: Alles auswählen
remotesearch.maxload.rwi=16.0
remotesearch.maxload.solr=16.0

The defaults where 8.0 and 4.0 respectively, yet local searches worked correctly apparently, even with a system load above 10.
davide

Beitragvon luc » Do Jun 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi davide, great that you solved your issue.
There are some things not really clear to me in what you explain :
- you didn't received any results from remote peers just after having started and configured your peer with an empty index? Or you only realized/checked this a few hours later?
- you talk about background processes. Do you mean other applications/services on your computer? Or YaCy internal tasks?
luc

Beitragvon davide » Do Jun 29, 2017 8:22 pm

After I downloaded and configured Yacy on an empty index and after I started a crawler job, I realized that remote results weren't displayed. (the "remote" counter in the search page remained at 0).
Since then I continued to consistently not receive remote results if the system load was high (> ~10), even the following day, up until I set those "maxload" options as explained.

With "background processes" I mean processes running on the same computer which are unrelated to Yacy.
davide

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Do Jun 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Just out of interest I ran a test to check your peer performance / response. You might have your connection swamped at the moment. https://www.webpagetest.org/result/170629_00_1BK8/ Its easy to retest and gives a lot of information about your site.

This is the result from an old PC 1GB and adls2 connection. https://www.webpagetest.org/result/170629_F7_1BJ4/ it may time out sometimes due to what I am doing.

Not knowing your system total ram setting of 3 GB I think consumes 6 GB it sets Xmx and Xms the same.
I have a spread sheet that is in experimental testing for Java Xmx and Xms in yacy at https://github.com/smokingwheels/chopper
If you wish to try then shutdown peer change Xmx and Xms in /DATA/SETTINGS/yacy.conf and start peer again.
smokingwheels

Beitragvon davide » Do Jun 29, 2017 9:37 pm

@smokingwheels, my computer is not swapping but my ADSL is proven crap. To say this with an image:

Bild
davide

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Do Jun 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Wow. I think there is nothing left for yacy in terms of CPU power.
At a rough guess you have 1/2 of 1 core spare for yacy.

The NI setting of 19 is in a range from -20 to 20 the scale is upside down for level of system priority process.
See http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2013/08/nice-renice-command-examples/?utm_source=tuicool on how to perform renice on a process.
smokingwheels

Beitragvon luc » Fr Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

@davide :
The defaults where 8.0 and 4.0 respectively, yet local searches worked correctly apparently, even with a system load above 10.

Yes, you rightly pointed out here that the system load limit is strictly applied to remote searches (for remote Solr requests and RWI ). But consider this a good thing or not, currently there is not such a limit applying to local searches.

By the way, for a more convenient and readable configuration, remotesearch.maxload.rwi and remotesearch.maxload.solr settings are now configurable from the PerformanceQueues_p.html page.

Have a nice day.
luc

Zurück zu English