About Elasticsearch

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

About Elasticsearch

Beitragvon bubul » Di Okt 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Maybe it can be used with yacy or integrated to it to make yacy more efficient with big websites.

I've not tested this, it's just an idea to test.

https://www.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch
bubul

Re: About Elasticsearch

Beitragvon luc » Mi Okt 18, 2017 6:06 am

Hi bubul, yes using Elasticsearch as an alternative to Solr for the documents index could be interesting. Indeed, that is the solution retained for the next YaCy architecture.

By the way, for the current YaCy search server, as far as I know this would require quite an amount of refactoring to properly integrate it. Not the kind of idea you can test quickly in a few hours...

What's more the performance gain is not certain as it depends on the kind of search requests that are submitted.

Did you try to plug your YaCy server on an external Solr server, as it is supposed to be more efficient than the default embedded Solr ?
luc

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Okt 21, 2017 10:46 pm

There is actually currently a new YaCy "flavor" which uses elasticsearch: the YaCy Grid.
The grid is a set of four applications which can be deployed in a large scale to massively index mass-data. It uses elasticsearch instead of solr.
The grid is made out of YaCy code and I currently think about an opportunity to re-integrate this in legacy YaCy.

To find out more about the YaCy Grid, please have a look at https://github.com/yacy/yacy_grid_mcp
Orbiter

Beitragvon bubul » Mo Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

I run yacy on a external 1to disk drive i use only for that, i can't install complicated things like another server !

I Think a will wait the next yacy version or the new search system
bubul

Zurück zu English