Robinson Only Displays PDF in Localhost, not External URL

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Robinson Only Displays PDF in Localhost, not External URL

Beitragvon rashid » Di Dez 19, 2017 7:03 am

Hello Yacy forum,
We have a Robinson mode installation with documents indexed that display beautifully when the URL string is either:
localhost
OR
machine_name

but it fails if we search from the world wide web to the same server, so if yacy was on www.domain.com then it fails.

If while on the local network I rewrite the URL from my search results, to replace the domain.com by the machine_name then the document appears.

Any advice?

thank you
rashid

Re: Robinson Only Displays PDF in Localhost, not External UR

Beitragvon luc » Di Dez 19, 2017 11:12 am

Hello rashid,
you have documents indexed with localhost URLs so this mean you are using the intranet Network Definition, or "Intranet Indexing" Basic Configuration setting isn't it?
This mode is designed to run on private intranets, so indexed document URLs are not supposed to be accessible from external networks.

To index and share results on a publicly available server without using peer-to-peer features, the Web Portal mode ("Search portal for your own web pages" Basic Configuration setting) is probably what you need. In this mode you will have to crawl your documents starting from publicly available URLs (localhost or intranet domains URLs will be rejected). Then your search results will provide only public URLs as expected.

Best regards
luc

Re: Robinson Only Displays PDF in Localhost, not External UR

Beitragvon rashid » Mo Dez 25, 2017 5:35 am

Okay - that worked perfectly.
Seeing your explanation helped me better understand what Robinson mode is for and what it cannot do.

thank you so much,

Rashid
rashid

Zurück zu English