data transfert from a network to another

Hier finden YaCy User Hilfe wenn was nicht funktioniert oder anders funktioniert als man dachte. Bei offensichtlichen Fehlern diese bitte gleich in die Bugs (http://bugs.yacy.net) eintragen.
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum geht es um Benutzungsprobleme und Anfragen für Hilfe. Wird dabei ein Bug identifiziert, wird der thread zur Bearbeitung in die Bug-Sektion verschoben. Wer hier also einen Thread eingestellt hat und ihn vermisst, wird ihn sicherlich in der Bug-Sektion wiederfinden.

data transfert from a network to another

Beitragvon bebop » Do Dez 30, 2010 2:58 pm

anytime a change is done on the main name of a network

as logical it makes yacy starting with zero data,

is there any way to make a new network unit file (with a new name for network)
and to allow all the data to a previous network as a basis for this new network.

(it not to have to work since the begining)
bebop

Re: data transfert from a network to another

Beitragvon Orbiter » Do Dez 30, 2010 4:13 pm

you may just use the index files from the 'old' network. You can ask people to send you their DATA/INDEX/ directory
This is a large amount of data (it should be because that is what you want) therefore it makes no sense to transmit that on a YaCy protocol level.

Maybe you mean something different: create a hierarchy of YaCy networks, where one may depend on another and can use their data. This could be made using the opensearch / rss interface of YaCy and implementing that as part of the Heuristics (/ConfigHeuristics_p.html). If I make there an option to have any opensearch-compatible search engine as heuristic then such a hierarchy of search networks can be possibly made.
Orbiter

Re: data transfert from a network to another

Beitragvon bebop » Sa Aug 20, 2011 2:44 am

it took me a very long time to understand your answer....

i was talking about hierarchy of yacy networks and the way your are answering might be very OK.
bebop

Zurück zu Fragen und Antworten