Help in english ? Equivalence in between plural/singular Acc

Hier finden YaCy User Hilfe wenn was nicht funktioniert oder anders funktioniert als man dachte. Bei offensichtlichen Fehlern diese bitte gleich in die Bugs (http://bugs.yacy.net) eintragen.
Forumsregeln
In diesem Forum geht es um Benutzungsprobleme und Anfragen für Hilfe. Wird dabei ein Bug identifiziert, wird der thread zur Bearbeitung in die Bug-Sektion verschoben. Wer hier also einen Thread eingestellt hat und ihn vermisst, wird ihn sicherlich in der Bug-Sektion wiederfinden.

Help in english ? Equivalence in between plural/singular Acc

Beitragvon TheRedSquirrel » Mo Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am

Hello,

It tried to ask a question through the english language forum but it looks less active and flooded by spam.
I hope someone here can help me in english (or even french :mrgreen: ) Hello,

I would like to use YaCy in order to search through some websites I selected.
It seems to work well but I have a problem of relevance :
When I look for words in singular, there is no equivalence for plural, I mean if I search for "forums" it's not possible to find the results with only "forum" into, while it looks interesting to me. It's the same with accented characters... If we type a word without the special characters like "e" instead of "é" in french, YaCy will not find any result (except if the word is written without accent in the searched websites.

Do someone know wether it is possible to use some parameters in order to improve the search results in this direction ?

Thank you for reading, and I hope for helping :D
TheRedSquirrel

Re: Help in english ? Equivalence in between plural/singular

Beitragvon David » Mo Aug 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Bonjour!

TheRedSquirrel hat geschrieben:It tried to ask a question through the english language forum but it looks less active and flooded by spam.

I assume you are talking about yacy-forum.org. In my opinion, this forum should be deactivated, respectively frozen, because it's way easier, if we discuss all together in the same place.

TheRedSquirrel hat geschrieben:When I look for words in singular, there is no equivalence for plural, I mean if I search for "forums" it's not possible to find the results with only "forum" into, while it looks interesting to me. It's the same with accented characters... If we type a word without the special characters like "e" instead of "é" in french, YaCy will not find any result (except if the word is written without accent in the searched websites.

I know what you mean. The most big search engine will find René even if you write Rene. But on the other hand, forum and forums are simply two different words, and e and é are two different letters, if you understand what I want to say. It's always good, if you know exactly what you are looking for, and then enter it correctly in the search box.

TheRedSquirrel hat geschrieben:Do someone know wether it is possible to use some parameters in order to improve the search results in this direction ?

As far as I know, there are no such parameters, but I might be wrong. Maybe you want to file a suggestion in the wishlist at bugs.yacy.net.
David

Re: Help in english ? Equivalence in between plural/singular

Beitragvon TheRedSquirrel » Di Aug 27, 2013 2:30 pm

David hat geschrieben:Bonjour!

Bonjour :)

Thank you very much for your answer !

David hat geschrieben:I assume you are talking about yacy-forum.org. In my opinion, this forum should be deactivated, respectively frozen, because it's way easier, if we discuss all together in the same place.

Yes I agree, maybe a english section in this forum could be very useful !

David hat geschrieben:I know what you mean. The most big search engine will find René even if you write Rene. But on the other hand, forum and forums are simply two different words, and e and é are two different letters, if you understand what I want to say. It's always good, if you know exactly what you are looking for, and then enter it correctly in the search box.

I would agree with about mistakes, it should be the problem of the user to write correctly... But for plural or singular I would be very interested in finding both for only one query. For instance it should be interesting to give a smaller weight to the word wich is not matching exctly.

David hat geschrieben:As far as I know, there are no such parameters, but I might be wrong. Maybe you want to file a suggestion in the wishlist at bugs.yacy.net.

Thanks, I will have a look !
TheRedSquirrel

Zurück zu Fragen und Antworten