Yacy database schema?

Forum for developers

Yacy database schema?

Beitragvon robinpaulson » Fr Jul 11, 2014 9:36 am

Hi,
I'm building a piece of software (GPL of course) which builds on certain elements of Yacy. In particular I am interested in the database, which I gather is a NOSQL variant. Is the database schema (or whatever it is called in NoSQL-land) published anywhere I can see it? I've searched the forums and wiki, but nothing has turned up, I wonder if "schema" is the right word to use, or if that concept even translates from relational to NoSQL databases?

Cheers,

Robin
robinpaulson

Re: Yacy database schema?

Beitragvon Orbiter » Fr Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi robinpaulson, interesting, what kind of software are you developing?

During the long development time of YaCy we created, used and discarded a lot of self-made data structures. Mainly used are now:
- Solr, for local search indexes and as metadata store of the RWI (see below)
- a self-made reverse word index (RWI) data structure for index fragments that are stored in the distributed hash table in the peer network.
- a self-made schema-less data structure 'MapHeap' which you can use to throw in any map; it will be retrieved using a primary key
- a self-made schema-less data structure BEncodedHeap which does the same as MapHeap but stores the Maps using bencoding, which is more space-efficient. (bencoding is the same encoding that the torrent files use :) ). This should be your preferred format over MapHeap; use MapHeap if you want to read the dumps with your own tools, that should be easy.

What do you want to store in your database?
Orbiter

Zurück zu YaCy Coding & Architecture