French Translation update

Forum for developers

French Translation update

Beitragvon luc » Mi Aug 26, 2015 1:17 am

Hi I'm a native French speaker and would like to begin contributing to YaCy by providing some updates to the french translation File. I first updated labels of index.html and yacysearch.html and corrected some special characters. I tested running YaCy with this new File and it's fine for me.
Unfortunately it seems difficult to post here the updated lng file. How or to whom can I transmit it?
If you think it's ok could I have commit credential on git repository to continue more easily translating in french?
luc

Re: French Translation update

Beitragvon sixcooler » Mi Aug 26, 2015 7:35 am

Hello Luc,

Your're welcome!
If you don't feel comfortable using https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server.git just send that File to me by PN or Mail.
I'll commit that for you.

Cu, sixcooler.
sixcooler

Beitragvon luc » Mi Aug 26, 2015 1:46 pm

I sent you the content of the updated file by mail.
I created a GitHub account but could not push to remote repository, eclipse saying 'https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server.git: git-receive-pack not permitted'...
Do I need to modify default Push URIs and Ref mappings in Push configuration? Maybe to push on remote repository one need a developper account on YaCy?
luc

Beitragvon Orbiter » Fr Aug 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi luc
thank you for your update, but using email for such things is not so good.
To use git, first clone the repository into your own github accout, then clone that locally on your computer and push the changes to your own repository clone. from there, you can send a merge request to the main repository. thats the standard process :)
Orbiter

Beitragvon luc » So Aug 30, 2015 10:29 am

Ok thank you for clarifying this.
I am experienced with SVN and CSV but not so much with git. I will continue translation the week coming and try the way you say.
luc

Beitragvon luc » Fr Sep 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello, so I continued updating french locale for non administrative pages and created a Pull Request this time : https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server/pull/12
I hope I did the rigth way.Thank you for your help.
luc

Beitragvon Orbiter » Fr Sep 18, 2015 10:35 am

as you may have seen, I pulled your changes some time ago. Thank you very much!
Orbiter

Beitragvon luc » Fr Sep 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Yes I saw you pulled it, it is encouraging to continue the work. Hope you will soon have time to take a look at my next request (https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server/pull/14). Of course only an advice on it would be welcome.
luc

Beitragvon Orbiter » Do Sep 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi luc, sorry for the delay for your merge request. I had to concentrate on something else but now I tested your changes. Looked like it was a lot of work, you are trying to take care of the translation capabilities. Thats very good since that code was not maintained for a long time.
Orbiter

Beitragvon luc » Do Sep 24, 2015 5:40 pm

No problem, it think it was not so much work compared to translating or updating a full locale file. That's why I did the refactoring to help myself and anyone maintaining locale files as I feel it is very important to have a translated UI to enlarge YaCy users population.
luc

Zurück zu YaCy Coding & Architecture