No Search Results Navigation

Forum for developers

No Search Results Navigation

Beitragvon Minc » Fr Apr 08, 2016 9:00 pm

I have installed the YaCy Webclient https://github.com/yacy/yacy_webclient_bootstrap and everything works fine except this: Theres no navigation <<1 2 3 4...>> on the bottom of the search resut page so if there are more then 10 results, people can not navigate to them. How can I solve this?
Minc

Re: No Search Results Navigation

Beitragvon Minc » Mo Apr 11, 2016 7:55 am

Does nobody have an idea how to resolve this problem?
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Mo Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi, are you using latest versions of yacy search server and bootstrap client? I just tried and it worked fine for me on a Windows 7 Firefox and IE...
luc

Beitragvon Minc » Mo Apr 11, 2016 3:25 pm

I think yes, because Yacy Search Navigation works on localhost fine and the bootstrap client is from here: https://github.com/yacy/yacy_webclient_bootstrap There is only one ZIP Download
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Mo Apr 11, 2016 11:45 pm

I tried again and it works for me, even with a server in version 1.82... Which browser and OS do you use?

By the way you can try checking if something is going wrong client-side by opening your browser developers tools ("F12" shortkey) on going to "Console" tab. An error may be traced here.
You may also check server-side by opening DATA/LOG/yacy[n].log file and check there is no ERROR line at the time you perform your search query.
luc

Beitragvon Minc » Di Apr 12, 2016 8:04 am

Thanks for your help!

Browser Chrome (Firefox same problem)
Console Errors: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined and Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setAttribute' of null
Server Log: no errors.
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Di Apr 12, 2016 10:59 am

Hello,
I could not yet reproduce the exactly same error as yours but :
- what is your entry point? Do you use webclient/index.html or directly webclient/yacysearch/index.html? Because I didn't notice at first, but when loading webclient/index.html, I have an error in my browser : "Unknown Reference : headline". I pushed a fix for this : https://github.com/luccioman/yacy_webcl ... index.html. Maybe it can help you.
- how do you install your webclient? I run it directly from unzipped folder, or by copying contents to my local YaCy peer in folder DATA/HTDOCS/webclient
luc

Beitragvon Minc » Di Apr 12, 2016 6:18 pm

1) The website with the navigation error is domainname.xx/search/index.html (I changed yacysearch into search)
2) the fix didn't help, but thanks!
3) I have uploaded the webclient files via FTP into my webserver. I dont know how to do it like you said.
Zuletzt geändert von Minc am Di Apr 12, 2016 10:38 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Di Apr 12, 2016 8:31 pm

I modified yacysearch folder into search as you did, but it doesn't appear to be a problem.
Did you modified other things? maybe setup.js?

It will be helpful if you can give details of the errors reported in browser console by unfolding these errors : there you should have a stack of javascript function names matching to source files and lines.
luc

Beitragvon Minc » Di Apr 12, 2016 10:43 pm

I modified a lot, but not setup.js.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined = if (elements[0].modifier === undefined) continue;

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setAttribute' of null = document.getElementById("sort_button_context").setAttribute("class","btn btn-default active");

both are in (yacy)search/index.html
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Mi Apr 13, 2016 1:49 am

I think it will be difficult to help you if you made lot of changes : your problems can not but reproduced reliably.

By the way both errors looks related to missing elements in facets block on the left. Did you modified or deleted this?

- "Cannot read property 'setAttribute' of null" means the HTML tag with id="sort_button_context" is missing from index.html. Originally it is here : https://github.com/yacy/yacy_webclient_ ... .html#L197

- Cannot read property '0' of undefined means a facet ("Filetype" for example) has undefined "elements" property. I think it is not supposed to happen because normally server does not return empty facets.
luc

Beitragvon Minc » Mi Apr 13, 2016 8:54 am

luc hat geschrieben:I think it will be difficult to help you if you made lot of changes : your problems can not but reproduced reliably.

By the way both errors looks related to missing elements in facets block on the left. Did you modified or deleted this?

- "Cannot read property 'setAttribute' of null" means the HTML tag with id="sort_button_context" is missing from index.html. Originally it is here : https://github.com/yacy/yacy_webclient_ ... .html#L197

- Cannot read property '0' of undefined means a facet ("Filetype" for example) has undefined "elements" property. I think it is not supposed to happen because normally server does not return empty facets.

Yes I have changed elements on the left like Context Ranking and Sort by Date. This is the part you have listed here. I deleted this but this has nothing to do with the navigation problem. I also see no navigation when I use the original files (unchanged and without deleting something).
Minc

Beitragvon luc » Do Apr 14, 2016 1:26 pm

OK I finally reproduced the same error "Cannot read property '0' of undefined" when running a YaCy peer in 1.82/9000 version.
Orbiter developped the bootstrap webclient recently so I guess it is compatible with YaCy servers starting only from version 1.83. If you effectively run in 1.82, you should upgrade your YaCy, for example by using administration page : http://localhost:8090/ConfigUpdate_p.html (menu "RAM/Disk Usage & updates" > "Download system update" tab).
luc

Zurück zu YaCy Coding & Architecture