LibreJS, JavaScript license in YaCy

Forum for developers

LibreJS, JavaScript license in YaCy

Beitragvon luc » Sa Jun 11, 2016 8:30 am

Hello,
I tried to make JavaScript licensing more clear in YaCy, targeting LibreJS compliance : see Pull Request #56.
I hope I made no Copyright mistake. If someone want to have a look at jslicense.html file, or at copyright headers added to YaCy owned js files in /htroot/js, feedback will be welcome.

What's more, I applied the licensing rules for main YaCy web interface, but not for the sub interface YaCy UI deployed on each node at /yacy/ui/, because I found it broken each time I tried to use it since last year. Is this part of YaCy dead? Or do you know if some people would like to use it, and some effort to bring it back to life could be useful?
luc

Re: LibreJS, JavaScript license in YaCy

Beitragvon Orbiter » Sa Jun 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi luc, thank you for that extensive work. How did you know all the original authors? I will merge your changes but I want to check the license headers first in detail.
Orbiter

Beitragvon luc » So Jun 12, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Orbiter, on each YaCy js file I searched for contributors through the git history. I looked for their corresponding names only in publicly available information :
- /AUTHORS file
- in other YaCy source files where a header mentioned the contributor with his pseudo and his name
- on this forum : some people mention their personal website in their profile
Thank you for reviewing, and good luck.
luc

Beitragvon Orbiter » Mi Jul 06, 2016 10:30 am

Hi luc, thank you for your work; I merged your pull request into YaCy 1.91
Orbiter

Zurück zu YaCy Coding & Architecture