With commit https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_ser ... c5512bdd1e
v 1.91/9114 I implemented a additional news service to share added or modified UI translation (with intention for easy community support)
- YaCy UI translation modification (via http://localhost:8090/Translator_p.html
) are stored in a local translation file (DATA/locale/??.lng)
- with the new http://localhost:8090/TransNews_p.html
servlet the entries in this file can be shared via the internal news service
- this servlet offers to vote (positive/negative) on the translation proposals in the new spool
- on positive votes, the news entry is added to the own local translation list and a voting message is added to the news pool
At this time, no rule has been implemented to handle remote voting news.
One not really correct handling is, after voting (and by that adding to the local file) one may publish the remote translation as own proposal (the local translation uses just the *.lng format with no info about the origin). But a check is included to not duplicate translation proposal for same key/source text.
Further ideas are (not implemented yet):
- route news to a language maintainer, so it can finally be included in the distribution (but we probably need to update and verify the list of available maintainers)
- do something with the voting
- use xliff file format for local modified translation file and include status information (see point above)
But to get going and see what can be improved,
have fun to push some news out.