Which steps do I need to perform to install YaCy?

Forum for developers

Re: Which steps do I need to perform to install YaCy?

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Fr Dez 09, 2016 11:53 pm

Try this. I am not sure if it will work on you version of Ubuntu 13.04
Its what I use everywhere for Ubuntu and Debian.

If you have java already installed the start at "apt-get -y install git"

Its Double spaced for a reason. If you highlight the code the move to the blank line and copy you add a Carriage return to the clip board data. If you don't wish this to happen then copy from the same line that you highlighted. Note It won't work with sudo apt-get install -y **** commands

Open a Terminal as root, I'm open to discussion on the method, but it is harder for a causal user to mess things up.

cd /usr

echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu precise main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list

echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu precise main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

Note: You can change "java7" to "java8" if needed and you have to also have to agree to the license so the double space stops at this point.

sudo apt-get -y install git

sudo apt-get -y install ant

sudo apt-get -y install curl

To a directory/folder of your choice. I use /usr

cd /usr

git clone https://github.com/yacy/yacy_search_server

cd yacy_search_server

ant clean all

./startYACY.sh

Optional:
To set admin password but once familiar you could have any name in the admin account for higher security level.
bin/passwd.sh Space + Yourpassword

You can also shorten the "yacy" path to make it easy on the keystrokes. Must be Done when Stopped.
The above install can also be started from / by typing /usr/yacy_search_server/startYACY.sh and then edit start to stop in the console by deleting 3 "art" and adding 2 "op".
smokingwheels

Re: Which steps do I need to perform to install YaCy?

Beitragvon smokingwheels » Sa Dez 10, 2016 12:23 am

Ok, if it works run a test on any site but the on in question to become familiar with Yacy.
Change the mode to Webportal and untick "Configure your router for YaCy for PnP"
Run another crawl (advanced) and learn how to use it.
Then Use Index Import Export and determine which type of data you need. I use "Fulltext of Search Index Text", most times and depends what I want to see and process.

If you can get a spare box specs P3 3GHz HT with 1 GB of memory it is possible to run Yacy headless eg no desktop interface on Debian 8.5 32 bit but crawling will be slow.
Debian 8.5 as a headless server has a memory foot print ~ 88 MB after startup.
smokingwheels

Zurück zu YaCy Coding & Architecture