Yacy Html Portal Page

Discussion in English language.
Forumsregeln
You can start and continue with posts in english language in all other forums as well, but if you are looking for a forum to start a discussion in english, this is the right choice.

Yacy Html Portal Page

Beitragvon bubul » Mo Dez 26, 2016 8:10 pm

A good option to yacy portal configuration and apparence will be to have the source code of the homepage and search result page to add more customization, and with an option "reset to default" in case of problem ! In fact i'm trying to add links to add to bookmarks or to add yacy search engine to firefox search bar.
bubul

Re: Yacy Html Portal Page

Beitragvon luc » Di Dez 27, 2016 10:38 am

Hi bubul, do you know you can put your customized pages such as the index.html in your DATA/HTDOCS folder? Do you mean this way is not user-friendly enough?
luc

Beitragvon bubul » Di Dez 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Yes, yacy is not really user friendly and difficult to use expect for simple crawling !
bubul

Beitragvon irnerio » Sa Mär 18, 2017 9:54 am

luc hat geschrieben:Hi bubul, do you know you can put your customized pages such as the index.html in your DATA/HTDOCS folder? Do you mean this way is not user-friendly enough?

Hi luc !
I've installed Yacy on a Debian and there is an index.html located in /usr/share/yacy/htroot . Can you confirm that changing this index.html file will be ok ?

Kind regards

Mario
irnerio

Beitragvon luc » Mi Mär 22, 2017 8:01 am

Hi Mario, and sorry for this late answer.

Even if possible, I would not recommend modifying directly the /usr/share/yacy/htroot/index.html file as it is part of the distributed YaCy debian package : it would be later overridden when upgrading your YaCy version, and it is generally not a good idea to modify files that are part of a package because doing so you break the interest of using a package manager.

So I would rather suggest you to copy the /usr/share/yacy/htroot/index.html file to /usr/share/yacy/DATA/HTDOCS and then modify it. I just checked to be sure and it works as expected.

Best regards
luc

Beitragvon irnerio » Mi Mär 22, 2017 9:25 am

luc hat geschrieben:Hi Mario, and sorry for this late answer.

Even if possible, I would not recommend modifying directly the /usr/share/yacy/htroot/index.html file as it is part of the distributed YaCy debian package : it would be later overridden when upgrading your YaCy version, and it is generally not a good idea to modify files that are part of a package because doing so you break the interest of using a package manager.

So I would rather suggest you to copy the /usr/share/yacy/htroot/index.html file to /usr/share/yacy/DATA/HTDOCS and then modify it. I just checked to be sure and it works as expected.

Best regards

Thx Luc. It worked !

One last question. How to change the favicon ?

Ciao

Mario
irnerio

Beitragvon luc » Mi Mär 22, 2017 11:25 am

Ah yes as you may have realized, overriding resources in the DATA/HTDOCS folder is currently only supported for files with an associated server template : for example htroot/index.html, feed by htroot/index.java. Overriding purely static resources such as the favicon.ico image is not supported.

But there is still a way to customize your favicon by customizing your own htroot/env/templates/metas.template file : this file is a small template header part included in almost every other yacy templates, and this is where the favicon url is set (at line 2 : <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="#[relativeBase]#favicon.ico" />)
So supposing you are using a debian install, what you have to do is :
- copy the /usr/share/yacy/htroot/env/templates/metas.template file to /var/lib/yacy/HTDOCS/env/templates/metas.template
- put your own favicon file in /var/lib/yacy/HTDOCS with a custom name (not favicon.ico)
- customize the metas.template line 2 : <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="#[relativeBase]#yourcustomfavicon.ico" />
- done! No YaCy restart is needed
luc

Beitragvon irnerio » Do Mär 23, 2017 9:36 am

Thank you luc ! Mario
irnerio

Zurück zu English